Re: BMW engine

Subject: Re: BMW engine
From: Martin <mberner@wow.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 09:13:41
skypilot wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Here's the go, forget the BMW; why not a diesel in the Europa?
>
> I read an article, Zoche Diesels, in the June PILOT magazine (UK) about
> a Germam, Michael Zoche "developing a new generation of turbocharged
> diesels for light aircraft running on cheap jet fuel" it goes on to say
> "they offer enormous potential - but there are problems."  (:-{

                I have to think that there must be some serious unsolved
problems
!     I saw the
Zoche at Oshkosh 1993, static, not running and can't help but think that if it
can live up to its
claims then it should by now be THE engine of choice for General Aviation.

                Does anyone know more about it ?     It's a beautiful idea but
can the two
turbocharger's work happily for long ?

                Martin

  Martin W. Berner,
  26 Mayfield Road, Valsayn Park, Trinidad, The West Indies

                Live Long and Prosper !