Re: Bill Wynne's Fly In

Subject: Re: Bill Wynne's Fly In
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 13:39:50
I have just completed a great day too - couldn't sleep, got up to find
the cat trapped in the garage snuggled up on the wing I had just painted.
Went back to bed. Got up again and spent hours rubbing down the thing. .
Thanks to my lovely wife for providing a well-earned corned-beef sandwich
for lunch. Wing fell off the stand and broke the fairing (again).
Re-primed it all and then a visiting squadron arrived. After an
impressive low pass they decided to land on the newly prepared surface no
doubt attracted by my offer of unlimited isocyanates. Midges make rather
abrupt landings in such visosity. However their sixlegged heavy support
team arrived soon after to attempt to drag them out, despite my
invitation to buzz off.  But they necessarily had a bee under each each
bonnet, so they too go stuck. Persuaded them to taxi onto a piece of
cardboard and abandon the operation. 3 more happy hours with solvent. Got
clearance to re-enter the house after agreeing nuclear-level
decontamination procedures, to find two more mod. sheets had arrived.
Connected to the internet and read Graham's message. Just made it a
perfect (though typical) day ...

gemin