Bill Wynne's Fly In

Subject: Bill Wynne's Fly In
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 17:31:21

We have just returned from a wonderful day at Bill Wynne's strip/home. Jon Tye
and I flew in loose, mostly but sometimes close, formation from Derbyshire to
Talybont Farm near Tywyn just inland of the west Wales coast.
The mountains 5 miles to  the east rise to 2000 ft so you don't see anything
until you're almost there. Then the view suddenly opens out and the coastline
appears with the strip below you at the head of the little Broad Water estuary.
The weather was pretty well perfect, except that the wind was about 10 kts 90deg
to the strip.

In the end 24 aicraft flew in, four Europas, a couple of Tcraft, a Nord, Jodel,
Rally, RV4, Kitfox  and half a dozen rag wing microlights. Notwithstanding one
or two go rounds we all got in nicely, landing a ragwing in a cross wind looked
as though it might be a bit of a bloodsport!

Bill's lovely wife Roo provided an excellent barbecue, cold drinks and
eventually tea and cakes. We all had a boat trip up the river to look at Bill's
father's beautiful old manor house complete with another airstrip. Only trouble
with that one was you land only to the west and take off only to the east.

We all enjoyed one of the prettiest parts of the country on one of the best
barbecue days yet this year. Thanks Bill.

Graham