Lack of space

Subject: Lack of space
From: Peter Davis <101621.3070@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 16:19:58
Apropos absolutely nothing at all to do with Europa building, I thought that
those, like myself, who do not have enough room for a landing strip in their
back garden might be amused by the following  I read in an old book on building
which covered house design for the individual client.

The book was undated but judging from the illustrations must be from around the
1870-90s.

"When setting out the garden it is essential to allow at least one acre for
trees"

Eat your heart out!  I was born 130 years too late! - but then again, we have
aeroplanes now.

Happy dreams,

Regards,

Peter

P.S.   Congrats. to the Europa committee and many thanks for all the hard work
put in, and many thanks to those standing down for their past work.

What does anyone feel about the changed Rally emphasis, in that the air show is
now on Saturday. I was there for the three days and felt that, as usual, Friday
was quiet, but Saturday was stupid (with the overflow car park filled by
10.00am) and Sunday was without any focus and was really only a leaving day.

Last year showed that maybe Sunday afternoon was not the best time to close the
airfield for the show, but something is required to maintain the momentum to
justify it being a three day event.

It could be that I only feel this as it was on Sunday that the 'crew' came
along, and I was looking at it being a family day, as in the past.

As the Europa Club is a recognized 'squadron' I think, a collective view may be
of some interest to the organizing committee, especially as Peter Kember is on
the 'Board' (congratulations Peter) and Ron gets his word heard. If there is any
collective opinion, that is. These things can only get kicked off if someone
asks the question in the first place.

Regards, Peter again (surprisingly)