RE: G-ODTI

Subject: RE: G-ODTI
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 10:40:28

<100421.2123@CompuServe.COM> wrote:

>THis is Europa's new Monowheel demonstrator. She flew for the first time
>yesterday and has by now done around 4 hours. Excellent says our leader.
"Dotty"
>has the benefit of a proper cold air box, (still no hot air!?) and
apparently
>has much better rate of climb etc. What a surprise ;-). I suppose
imitation is
>the next best thing to a compliment. Ivan says he thinks the heat of the
exhaust
>etc. will be enough to keep the carb body warm enough to prevent ice
formation.

I had the pleasure of helping with the final checkout of Dotty the day
before the first flight. That is some aircraft and I must say that I like
the cool air modification. The other thing to note about this plane is
that it has fuel drains, two inspection hatches under the fuel tank
outlets and rear inspection hatches. It is also the most photographed of
all of the Europas and I will be placing some of the 200 photos I took on
my web page soon!

I also went for a fly in G-KWIP (thanks Graham) and am totally and
utterly smitten :-)

Tony

Tony S Krzyzewski            Kaon Technologies Ltd
Reply to tonyk@kaon.co.nz    L7, 19 Victoria St West
Date: 11/06/96                 Auckland, New Zealand
Time: 10:40:28                 Ph +64 9 358 9124

Visit http://www.kaon.co.nz

The New Zealand Home of
ATM Ltd Intranet ATM Networks,
NetManage Internet and Intranet Software Solutions,
Spider/Shiva Remote Networking Systems
Borderware Internet Firewall,
Banyan and SNMPc