Re: Introduction & Questions

Subject: Re: Introduction & Questions
From: nphffmn@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 21:21:42
> It does get very much easier - honest.

Thank you Rolph, I needed some motivation. Meanwhile I have fixed
whatever was left from my first try, and it now really looks like the Euro
chocks Ivan showed to me while I was visiting the factory.

I'm going to prepare the fin's foam core on Saturday. My inspector wants
to see the workshop and the preparation work on the core before I do any
'real' lay-up. Well - I'm optimistic. Would I be building an Airplane if I
wasn't?

I like your builders logbook Tony. If you will be a few weeks ahead of me
for the next 2 years, I will make sure that I'm not repeating your mistakes
as long as you publish them. I will be making my own ones  :-)

There is one more general question I have. What is the recommended
protection during lay-up? The SP Ampreg 20 pamphlet only talks about
... adequate ventilation ... , but does not recommend/require a mask. They
do, however, describe explicitly the danger of inhaling sanding dust.
For now I consider wearing a dust (half-)mask using a P2 filter during
sanding, but did not use any mask during lay-up.

Norbert