Re: DANGER! Cr** fuel system

Subject: Re: DANGER! Cr** fuel system
From: RonSwinden@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 07:31:15
In a message dated 08/05/96  13:17:12, you write:

>Dave and I have had severe problems with the fuel system as
>recommended.

Dear  Richard   thank you for your comprehensive letter on problems with  the
Europa fuel system. Hopefully this is one that the American leg of the
company will re-send to the factory for their attention.  Fuel systems on
aircraft never fail to amaze me with the troubles they come up with. Everyone
does their best I am sure but still the problems arise. I'm not too sure
about about the electronic solutions, they really ought not to be necessary
but I hope your letter does produce a factory response, it certainly deserves
it.Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, I will take a copy of your
letter to the National Committee meeting on Saturday and try and bend
Francises ear with the subject. All the best Ron S No 33.
PS   been kicking ideas about  with me mate Grenville and we have two
suggestions to offer  1.turn the vent pipes thru 180 degrees ( curse him I've
just  glued the B thing in) and connect the two vent pipes togther with two
tee pieces.
2. fit a little pot (just below the vent pipe) with the two vents feedig into
the top projecting a little way in. Halfway down the pot  two more pipes
sticking into the pot about 1/4" these to connect to the fuel tank vent and
the guage vent.  One more outlet from the bottom of the pot this pipe to be
flush with the bottom it should be piped away through the bottom of the a/c
its purpose in life being to dump fuel (collected when your plane with full
tanks leans the wrong way), or rain  out of the pot.    Polite constructive
coments /critisisms  requested please especially constructive ones as I would
love to achieve a safe working system without cutting the tank about or
adding electronics or any extra equipment if at all pos.! Ron S No 33