Smoke Ports in Doors

Subject: Smoke Ports in Doors
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 19:06:15
>>If this is a smoke port is it a Europa approved mod? The
experienced builders out there,,,is everyone fitting some such port/window
and if so what other options are people considering<<

Peter Kember did this mod himself. The factory test flew his airplane so in
effect approved it, at least that what I assume. I'm not always right, (but I
never admit I'm wrong)
So far Peter is the only one. It hasn't really been a problem although
windscreen demisting would be useful sometimes. IOW there is no problem letting
a bit of air in, most people have fitted fresh air vents on the side of the
fuselage. there seems to be enough leakage to let it out again. I think Peter
wanted a way of taking photographs without Plexiglas in the way.

Graham