Smoke Ports in Doors

Subject: Smoke Ports in Doors
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 12:05:58
The cover of Flyer Jan 96 has G-OPJK with a quarter window such as in older
model cars. If this is a smoke port is it a Europa approved mod? The
experienced builders out there,,,is everyone fitting some such port/window
and if so what other options are people considering i.e. a fuselage mounted
breather in the low pressure area above the wing? I will be checking with my
Aviation Authority but I wouldn't be surprised if Downunder you require a
cabin venting system. I only have the tail and wing manuals, so if the
answer is in the fuselage manual you'll be pleased to know I am requesting
of the factory for a complete manual. I'm quite sure we should all insist on it.
Regards
Tony Renshaw (Builder No. 236)