Re: antennas

Subject: Re: antennas
From: CPattinson@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 09:56:42
Has anyone any thoughts on the fitment on antennae. I believe most are opting
for the factory reccommended comms fit, but what about navs, xponders and
GPS. Have priced most of the commercially available aerials but they are
horrendously expensive, also most tend to be for metal aircraft.
The most awkward one appears to be the VOR as this is usually fairly large
and needs to be mounted horizontally. Does anyone have a design for a folded
dipole suitable for VOR use (also possibly glideslope) . Im not a radio
boffin so answers in plain English please. Also do the aerials interfere with
eachother and therefore require spacing out along the fuselage.

Is the standard radio 50 ohm cable suitable for connecting all these radios
up or does the impedance depend on the frequency.

Am nowhere near fitting any of these devices but am close to putting on the
top. I would hate to think that I am going to be crawling about in the boot
space to fit all these afterthoughts.
PS - How easy is it to get into the rear fuselage after lid on. Answers only
---From qualified Europa potholers.

Carl Pattinson