Re: Aileron Thrust Plates

Subject: Re: Aileron Thrust Plates
From: dbosomworth@meto.govt.uk
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 22:37:59

        Tony wrote;

>Can those who have done it, please advise how they managed to align
>the setup of the aileron thrust plates.

        The method Norman Adam used, and me too after seeing it, was
to get a couple of lengths of brass rod about 20mm dia and 25mm long.
Drill right through the centres and tap for the AN4 bolts.
        Place the wings (or dummy spars) in position with the pins in
and the appropriate bolts placed in the spar belcrank pivot holes you
drilled. Screw on the brass rods about 1/2 way, then, placing the
other bolts through the brackets, screw them on too.
        Adjust the bolts and rods until the brackets are nicely tight
up against the seat back bulkhead, and drill through the bracket
holes. You will have to shorten the bolts slightly to get the final
clearance, but only by a few threads each side.
        If it sounds complicated, wait until you have the instructions
to hand (fuzz instruction, not wing), it will all become clear after
looking at the diagrams.
        The old computer adage rings true for plane building. As a
last resort, RTFM %-)

chus, dave
kit67