Re: Aileron Thrust Plates

Subject: Re: Aileron Thrust Plates
From: tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 03:07:39

But does this really solve the fact that you are still essentially
mounting the quick release mechanism when the fuselage is still very
flexible and there is a potential for misalignment once the cockpit and
upper fuselage are mounted?

I like the roll about idea though. As you say, great for avoiding the
occasional tornado! (I can see this tornado thing is going to become one
of the legends of the group!)

Tony

ps I really like the FSim Europa :-)

>Known as the "quick release mechanism" in the manual.
>As posted way back - in short make dummy wing spar roots (reaching about

>six inches outside the fuselage). They could be made from the solid but
>this is an unnecessary sawing burden so cut a pair of plywood templates
>for each side (drawing round the real spars) and screw them either side
>of spacer blocks where the pins go through. Drill them using the real
>spars so you get a perfect replica. Then you can set up the wing bolt on

>the dummy in line with the one in the fuselage (use an alignment tube).
>Then place the dummy spar back against the main spar, drill the hole and

>insert the bolt.
>
>As a bonus you can use the dummy spars to make a "quad undercarriage" by

>adding a couple of legs with golf cart wheels on the bottom. Great for
>wheeling the fuselage in and out single handed, testing retraction etc.,

>especially when there are tornados about !
>
>gemin 83

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

Tony S Krzyzewski            Kaon Technologies Ltd
Reply to tonyk@kaon.co.nz    L7, 19 Victoria St West
Date: 27/03/96                 Auckland, New Zealand
Time: 15:07:39                 Ph +64 9 358 9124

The New Zealand Home of
ATM Ltd, NetManage Chameleon and Ecco, Spider/Shiva
Borderware, Banyan and SNMPc