Re: Panel swap?

Subject: Re: Panel swap?
From: Denys Gover <skypilot@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 23:03:10
Graeme Park wrote:

> Does anyone want to swap their uncut panel for one which has been prepared as
> follows:
> -Five 3.125 inch holes cut for standard size flight instruments.
> -Four holes cut for VDO engine instruments supplied by Europa.
> -One square cut out for Skyforce Skymap (mark 1) GPS  with system for securing
> same in place but allowing easy removal. This space could also be used for a
> standard size navcom set and transponder, for example.
>
> The reason for this unusual offer is that the builder who has bought our kit
> (No.106) has decided to fit an electronic "glass cockpit". As a result, we
> also
> have a few analogue flight instruments for sale.
>
> For more details, E-mail me or phone me at either of the numbers below as soon
> as possible.
>
> Best wishes, Graeme Park (Ex-builder 106).
>
> Morag & Graeme Park, Dispensing chemists,
> Spateston Pharmacy, Johnstone, Scotland.
> Telephone (UK) 01505 704142(w) or 842721(h)
> or E-mail us on 101363.3552@compuserve.com

Denys Gover Canberra, Australia. Sorry to hear you're an ex-builder. I am still
deciding
whether or not to buy/build, but after a 2.5 hour flight in a C182 at Aus$145/hr
I was
stirred on a bit more.

Can I ask why you decided to not complete your aircraft? I would be interested
because
that is one concern I have; whether or not I would get sick of it and not
complete
it.

Sorry also, not looking for instruments at this stage. The glass cockpit sounds

interesting though; I would be interested in taking a look at those sorts of
instruments

when and if I decided to build. Do you know of any brochures an these
instruments
I could
write away for? (Day dreams are free!) :-)

Regards Denys Gver
Canberra, Australia.