Re: Fuel Drain

Subject: Re: Fuel Drain
From: Peter Davis <101621.3070@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 18:02:39
Well, Ron Swinden had a lot of trouble with his tank and I was prepared to have
some agro too, although to my confusion, when I got my tank and filled it with
50/50 avgas/mogas, it hardly moved in any direction at all over six weeks!

Well, to hell with it, I thought, and bunged it in. So far, so good but I don't
understand how some people get such a large amount of movement and some (me)
very little. A bit worrying.

The only thing to do is to make sure that there is sufficient room for possible
movement when installing the tank and to try and ensure that any projected
movement will not foul the controls or skin. Easy to say but a bugger to
implement. Alloy tank would be nice. The tank spacing mod is very good though.

'Good luck and God bless all who fly in her' is all that can be said on the fuel
tank issue.

Regards,

Peter.