Re: Fuel Drain

Subject: Re: Fuel Drain
From: Graeme Park <101363.3552@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 18:02:45
Like John Moore in Brisbane, we also considered an aluminium fuel tank because
of problems with the "swell" plastic one. We discovered that Mike Costin had
already made one, and received PFA approval for his method of fitting, and was
willing to provide us with the patterns. I am not sure if Mike had made
provision for a fuel drain, but perhaps John should telephone him on UK 01604
820132.

However, we decided to fit a fibre glass tank of larger capacity. Although
costly, this certainly had provision for fuel drains and indeed much better
fittings all round IMHO. This was designed and built by Terry Salter (UK 01304
826279).

In the end however, we had to sell the kit because of escalating costs and time
to build.  The new builder is not going to use the fibre glass tank after all,
so if anyone is interested in it they should contact Simon Longstaff on UK 01142
620303.

Best wishes, Graeme Park (Ex-builder 106, but still lurking on Europa_Mail !)

Morag & Graeme Park, Dispensing chemists,
Spateston Pharmacy, Johnstone, Scotland.
Telephone (UK) 01505 704142(w) or 842721(h)
or E-mail us on 101363.3552@compuserve.com