Weight and balance.

Subject: Weight and balance.
From: Carl Reynaud <CarlReynaud@ccmail.eo.ray.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 18:02:12

     Does anyone know how well the finished Europas (Europii?) are
     balancing?  Have any of them required significant balasting to either
     nose or tail.  Also what is the actual CG position for the finished
     aircraft?

     Questions over, now to volunteer some info, especially to those about
     to take the plunge who are asking about workshops.  I am building in a
     long (23ft 6in) single car garage, of average width.  This is plenty
     big enough for building the tail feathers and the wings.  I
     constructed a 14 ft by 2ft 6in bench that was moved periodically from
     the centre (when doing tail, flaps ailerons) to the edge (when doing
     the wings).  However, once built, each component has been stored
     variously in the lounge, spare bedroom, office (read junk room!).
     Space would be extemely tight in the workshop without this luxury.

     The garage itself has been dry lined, including 2 inches of insulation
     in the walls and 8in the flat roof.  It has been relatively easy to
     heat to required laminating temperature in all but the coldest
     weather.

     Anyone building/interested in building/just interested is wellcome to
     visit.  I am just outside Portsmouth, my phone number is on the
     builders list, or mail me direct!

     Carl B-R #159