Praise for Europa Aviation Ltd!

Subject: Praise for Europa Aviation Ltd!
From: Peter Davis <101621.3070@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 17:38:53
I am really very delighted to be able to write this and confirm to all those
potential Europa builders that all is not necessarily what you read on the net.

I went along to Staverton last Thursday. Two reasons. Firstly, of course, to see
what Mid-West has to offer, and before going on I would like to thank Peter
Thomas for pasting the word about the event here, without which I would not have
known about it. Ta Peter!

The second reason was to see Andy. I was reliably informed; by Roger; that he
was going to be there. I had a problem with the bearings on my swinging arm
(undercarriage, that is), in that when a tube was bolted up in them, they missed
each other by some 2 - 2.5mm. I figured that this was a bit too much
out-of-alignment for my liking and Andy & I were to meet up to eyeball the
problem. We were also to exchange rudder pedals, being another contentious area
(rudder pedals at high noon).

Well, we looked at my swinging arm; Andy hit it with a piece of wood a few times
and declared that it was indeed 'duff'. He would take it away with him, send it
off to the fabricators in Cambridgeshire and get them to fix it. To save time he
suggested that he would ask them to return it direct to me rather than via
Yorkshire - which seemed eminently sensible.

Well, here it is - the reason for writing this piece. Note that Andy took
possession of my bit on Thursday afternoon and he and Ivan departed, maybe,
about 15.00hrs.

This morning (Monday) TNT called at my house at 10.15 with my swinging arm,
complete with new bearings - not bodged, but new! And, not only did they fit,
but the machining on the bearing surface was actually quite good! I must admit
that the previous ones were - well, let's say not very nice (as I don't want to
get struck off this forum) but as the arm only decribes 45ish degrees twice per
flight I figured I could live with it, except for the alignment, of course.

Whoops. This is supposed to be written in genuine very high praise of Europa
Aviation, so less of the asides.

Unfortunately nobody was at home when TNT came and all I got was a note saying
that they had called with a package from Europa Aviation. I could not imagine
what it was as it could not possible be my swinging arm - Thursday late pm to
Yorkshire, via Cambridgeshire, with next day delivery, work it out for
yourselves,  someone was working over Sunday lunchtime. I had been in touch with
Roger & Chris quite a bit over the previous couple of weeks and they had not
suggested that something else might have been on it's way to me. My heart was in
my mouth as I drove to TNT's depot to pick up this mysterious package.

Well, Europa must have done it themselves, but the swinging arm is definitely
mine and the bearings are definitely new, so who's complaining! It is a very
nice job and, to use that well known phrase or saying - I'm Gobsmacked!

Good on yer, Europa! Lets have more of that stuff!

Oh yes, the Staverton day. I think someone should write a brief bit about it as
there may well be people out there who want to know what it was about. Also, I
think I should appear in Peter Thomas's league table, let alone improve my
position, and at the risk of boring everyone I shall take on the task of
throwing down a few words. However, it will be in a different letter as I need
cup of coffee.

Regards,

Peter