Filling Wings etc

Subject: Filling Wings etc
From: Carl Pattinson <101362.1117@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 07:29:46
Larry Boggs wrote

>Has anyone used Super Fill Lite by Poly Fiber to use as the material to fill
the
weave.  I am using it and having a problem with it being too dry.  When
smoothing out on the fiberglass, it balls up in places and is difficult to make
it stick to the surface.

>So far we have not tried to heat the trowels or the material, and it is cold in
Indiana right now, and we are working in a garage that is probably 55 degrees f.

>Looking for a better way.

Sorry to have to say this Larry but havent you read your builders manual !
Strongly reccommend you stick (pardon the pun) to the factory method. ie- resin
and filler ( at least you know they are compatible.) We've done it and believe
me it works. Seems like you're creating unnecessary problems for yourself.
Theres even a chance your wing surfaces will chip off in time, perish the
thought !

One thing that really worries me is the temp of your garage/workshop 55F (13C to
us Brits, well the metricated ones !). Is it possible for you to get some
heating?

Carl Pattinson
G- LABS (wings etc,  filled and primed !)