questions...

Subject: questions...
From: aa8nn@detroit.ampr.org
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 23:44:02
today I did cut out the area around the wheelwell (firewall and
fuselage bottom). I cut back a square area back 79 cm from the
front of the firewall. This took me beyond the rounded area in
the bottom of the fuselage without foam - that area actually had
looked just right for the wheel to pass through. Also, cutting along
the sides - at the area where the wooden seat reinforcers are bonded
in - I had to cut further outboard to get it flush.
====== Please someone tell me that I did not cut too much/far ======

I saved that piece of the firewall as the manual stipulates. When is
it going to be used ? Is the offer, Graham Singleton has in the Flyer
No. 7 better ?

Tomorrow I plan to build the frame within which the elevator lead
weights are restrained. The manual talks about a 2,5cm rubber tube
to be pushed over a wooden scovel. The local hardware store don't
have such a rubber and in the kit I only found prebend pieces for the
engine installation. Any idea where to cut the piece from ?

There were a few messages about the positioning of the rudder pedals
in order to keep them from jamming with the welded frames. What
exactly do we have to look for during installation of the pedals to
save some hair-pulling (if there is any left) ?

Merry Christmas to everyone,

<Thomas   -   Kit # 81   -   #1 in the USA>