re: WWW-page, time, engine

Subject: re: WWW-page, time, engine
From: aa8nn@detroit.ampr.org
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 23:03:47
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the response to the WWW-posting on my Kit. I shall
update the page from time to time. Compuserve only offers 1 MB
(If you had told me about 1 MB for free about 10 years ago I
probably would have fainted...) for the page - I guess I shall run
more text than images.

Herbert Kilian asked about the hours of labour. I am sorry for
not keeping a detailed dairy, but I estimate some 800 hrs are in
the project. The Europa can probably not be built in 500 hrs
(unless it is your second one), but I must admit, too, that I
am not a fast worker. Many hours are spent preparing, and simply
being around the plane. I made it a matter of principle to be in
my garage every day for whatever amount of time just to keep the
project warm.

As far as progress is concerned, I don't know how far it is till
the finish line. Is the engine installation a job for three months
or is it done in short weeks ? How about the panel ?

I have my cockpit module in the fuselage and the small layups
around the firewall, the spar holes and the real bulkhead are done
and tomorrow the firewall will be cut out.

As to the engine - there is a Rtx 912 sitting besides me and I feel
it very well compliments the airplane. I like the high standard of
construction and the fact that it has been certified. The Subaru has
some attractivity, too. The additional power has to be paid with some
lead in the tail though.

Keep your projects going...

<Thomas  Kit # 81, # 1 in the USA>

= Get yourself an issue of Don Dykins second book on the
= Europa-wing and you will never ask about any aerodynamic
= improvements any more ! It is the best possible wing already.