Re: Digital Clinometers

Subject: Re: Digital Clinometers
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 23:09:36
Allan J Hall wrote:

>Following up a discussion in the bar at Doncaster, can anyone find a price and
>UK supplier of digital clinometers?

No, sorry. I did see an ad for one ages ago, but it was so ridiculously
expensive that I didn't bother to keep a note of it. It's the sort of thing
I'd have thought that RS might have stocked in their mechanical section,
but there's nothing in the catalogue I've got.

I've been interested in them more seriously since Nigel Charles
demonstrated his to me at Sywell in April. His came from USA, but I'm not
sure where, and it was somewhere in the $50-$100 price bracket, I think.

Anyone in the USA able to give guidance here for Allan? At least name &
location of manufacturer would be useful. I've had success in the past by
phoning US manufacurers to find if they have a distributor in UK. Sometimes
they say "no, but tell us what you want & we'll ship direct", sometimes
there is a distributor with the stuff in stock.

My boss is (rather unexpectedly) sending me to do some work for a week in
San Francisco in December, so when I get the job done I thought I might
look for one over there. However, I think the customs might look a bit
askance if I brought back a bulk purchase of them. If you're the only one
interested, that might be OK, but I can't give any advance guarantee on
price.

For my shopping trip, can anyone give advice on prices, stockists (around
Redwood City) and makes/models to seek out or avoid?

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...