Trailing Edge Close-out Technique ?

Subject: Trailing Edge Close-out Technique ?
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 19:46:56
>>At Doncaster Graham Singleton spoke about a technique he uses for ensuring
accurate lay-ups in awkward places such as trailing edge close-outs.
Unfortunately I was at the back and missed one or two key points.<<

First cut the glass. Best way is to use a nylon, rubber or polyprop cutting
board and a roller knife. Olfa or similar from drawing office suppliers.
Then tape some cling film down on the bench and do the whole layup on that, all
three plies. Slice round the layup and carry it to the job and work it in place,
film up, of course. BTW some folk prefer to use heavy baking foil. Then peel off
the film and finish off stippling with a brush. I got this tip from a Dutch guy
who worked for Fokker years ago. Dr Berkut also recommends it.( I know quite a
few of the right people ;-)

If you weigh the glass first you can then mix the right quantity of resin,
roughly 140 gm mixed to 100 gm glass.

Graham