Trailing Edge Close-out Technique ?

Subject: Trailing Edge Close-out Technique ?
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 19:46:47
>>At Doncaster Graham Singleton spoke about a technique he uses for ensuring
accurate lay-ups in awkward places such as trailing edge close-outs.<<

Also avoids those heavy wet looking close outs that result from the normal
method.

Cut the glass first (roller knife on rubber or nylon cutting board) then do the
whole layup on the bench on clingfilm (some prefer baking foil). I usually weigh
the glass first then mix up about 1.3 or 4 times the weight of resin. Slice
round the cling film and carry the layup to the job and work it in place. Peel
off the film and finish off stippling with a brush. (No extra resin if poss)

BTW Dave Elliot and I are developing a retrofittable capacitance type fuel
contents gauge for Europas. No need to cut the tank and does away with the sight
tube. Time scale weeks or months. (A few) Watch this space .

Graham