Re: Introduction

Subject: Re: Introduction
From: Douglas Wagner <dwagner@phc.thegap.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 12:11:20
On Friday, August 11, George Carradini gscarrad@ionet.net wrote...

>The primary reasons for wanting to build the Europa:
>
>6.  Low building hours - 600

Enquiries I've made so far indicate 1,200 - 1,500 hours is more realistic.
Here are some estimates I've received from others:

John MacKay 102110.1670@compuserve.com (an experienced builder) says,

*I know of one other person in California who is building a Europa, he's
almost finished and it has taken him approximately 1500hrs. He was one of
the first if not the first USA builder so he did not have the same support
you will have. Europa only opened in the USA about 4-5 months ago. This
Europa will be show quality so 1500hrs may be on the high side. I expect
to take 1000-1200hrs to build mine.* and
*some builders, especially of the show quality planes, spend
1000-2000+hrs sanding and painting!!*
But he adds,
*One thing you have to be careful of is how people account for their time,
you may start working at 9am and at 10am a friend drops by for a chat and
coffee, you carry on half work half chat. The Europa is certainly a good
choice for the first time builder and well within most peoples abilities. *

Allan Hall 100255.2004@compuserve.com says,
*...the Europa is the first aircraft I've built.* Alan estimates he may spend,
*...2000+ hours due to complex panel, custom paint job, Leather Interior etc.*

Ian Valentine in Northern Ireland has spent about 1,200 hours so far and
expects to finish by 1,500 hours.

Have a good day: Douglas Wagner

The Practical House Company Ltd
Apt 3, 412 Ormeau Road, BELFAST,