Introduction

Subject: Introduction
From: george carradini <gscarrad@ionet.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 00:28:33
Greetings!!  I have just received the Europa info pak and video (2 days
after I ordered it - THANK YOU).  After watching the video twice (once with
my wife) we are pretty sure that this is the airplane we want to build.  I
have been following the homebuilt movement for almost 12 years, with the
goal of someday building a plane for me and my family.  I am pleased that my
wife is impressed with the video and the looks of the plane.  She says it
doesn't look like a little "toy" like some of the others we have looked at.

The primary reasons for wanting to build the Europa:

1.  Short take off and landing requirements (less than KR-2 and Pulsar)
2.  High speed cross country
3.  Larger than a KR-2
4.  Wider than a Pulsar (44" vs 40") at the hips
5.  GREAT LOOKING
6.  Low building hours - 600
7.  Safe for a low time pilot (I have 100 hours)
8.  Low fuel burn
9.  Trailerable

There are many other reasons, but the most important is this is a plane that
my family and I will not outgrow any time soon.  Low building time is
important because my oldest son is now 7.  I would like to fly with him
prior to his teen years!  I plan to build it with my father and my sons as a
homeschool project.
It looks like I'll have to wait two years before I can afford the plane, but
it looks like it will be worth the wait!!  In the meantime I will be reading
the emails on this mailing list, as well as any other literature I can find.

I am interested in speaking with anyone else in Oklahoma who is building a
Europa.

George Carradini
Tulsa, OK

gscarrad@dfw.paranet.com