Europa-List: Re: Landing Light Positioning

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Landing Light Positioning
From: John Wighton <john@wighton.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 02:02:49

I have a preference for the Vega as a landing light.  Initially thought of 2
off,
1 per wing.  However, they are massively expensive (Spruce quote $425 USD)
- therefore one only could be mounted under the chin intake.  I drew up a
fairing
which aligns the beam to about 5 deg down based on landing config alpha.

The idea was to have the moulding 3D printed (cost around 50 each) and hand
finish
to match the plane.

We could progress this as a Std Mod if enough interest.  ALso we may be able to
get a better price for 5off or 10off 'bulk' purchase.

Maybe discuss at the AGM (if the clouds clear and ceiling improves- currently

--------
John Wighton
Europa XS trigear G-IPOD

Read this topic online here: