Re: Europa-List: Re: Landing Light Positioning

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Landing Light Positioning
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 10:09:32

I 3d printed my landing light bezel.

Kevin Challis

> On 24 Jun 2017, at 10:02, John Wighton <john@wighton.net> wrote:
>

> I have a preference for the Vega as a landing light.  Initially thought of 2
off, 1 per wing.  However, they are massively expensive (Spruce quote $425 USD)
- therefore one only could be mounted under the chin intake.  I drew up a
fairing
which aligns the beam to about 5 deg down based on landing config alpha.

> The idea was to have the moulding 3D printed (cost around 50 each) and hand
> finish
to match the plane.

> We could progress this as a Std Mod if enough interest.  ALso we may be able
to get a better price for 5off or 10off 'bulk' purchase.