Re: Europa-List: Re: Considering the purchase of a 2nd hand kit

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Considering the purchase of a 2nd hand kit
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 18:54:45
Hi Ira

I agree totally with Tim.  In fact in the last 15 years since my mono
has been flying I have never noticed any tendency to tip the nose down
on braking regardless of the G of G.

You just need soft hands on the ailerons to keep the wings level.  If
you over control and push the outrigger into the surface then it affects
the  C of G, unloads the tail wheel and a ground loop is waiting to happen.

Having owned a share in a Cub I think the mono is neither harder nor
easier just different.

Pete

G-RMAC #109