Europa-List: Re: New Panel - Master/Ignition Switches

Subject: Europa-List: Re: New Panel - Master/Ignition Switches
From: italianjon <jon.catilli@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 08:47:21

Hi guys,

Interesting food for thought.

So it sees that there is no formal reason not to do what I would like to do, but
a fair technical point.

Panel space should not be a problem, as I am cleaning up the "small lower panel"
by removing the currently installed engine instrumentation and that is going
into a single EMS Xtreme from MGL on the centre panel.

But yes, the reliability is worth thinking about.

The main point that got me started down this "thought route" is why can we turn
on our aircraft without a key, but you can't with the car... I started to think
would it not be better to put the battery on the key and then everything else
on simple toggle switches.

A third point that came up today in a discussion I had at work about this is one
of human factors... if I make my aircraft too different that does introduce
risk when I fly something else. (I sometimes rent the club aircraft, when I need
more than 2 seats)

I am going to keep thinking on this one... some good points raised so far :)

Regards

Jon

Read this topic online here: