Europa-List: Re: New Panel - Master/Ignition Switches

Subject: Europa-List: Re: New Panel - Master/Ignition Switches
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:28:54

Hi Jon,

I am currently going the same process as you, and have decided to go with two
toggle
switches for the ignition circuits (with toggle guards) and a push button
for the starter circuit. Exactly what you are looking into, except for that
I am not putting in a keyed switch (I can see the safety aspect of having one,
but in my case that isn't much of an issue so I left it out).

I have done quite some research before deciding to go this way, and I could not
find a single argument against this approach. I could find one benefit however:
you will be able to crank the engine without firing the engine by leaving the
ignition switch to the OFF position.

Also I figured that by using 3 switches for these 3 functions, I will have not
a single point of failure for all 3 functions (this might carry little -if any-
scientific significance, but at the very minimum gives me a little extra piece
of mind...)

FYI: the basis of my new wiring schema is the Z16 figure from the AeroElectric
Connection and the AeroElectric list here on Matronics. Tons of information can
be found there, if you haven't already, please go and loose some hours absorbing
all the knowledge available.

--------
Marcel Zwakenberg
XS TG || 912ULS || PH-SBR