Re: Europa-List: fuel smell

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel smell
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 10:40:17

William,
Look at the seal near the fuel intake cap. Make sure it has been sealed
completely
between the plastic cobra and fuel cap body.
Otherwise the rubber pipe maybe allowing fuel to permeate through creating the
smell?
Cheers,
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton,
Christchurch,  8052
New Zealand.

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Ph 64 3 3515166
Mob 0210640221

On 9/07/2012, at 10:18 AM, William Bliss <william@wbliss.co.uk> wrote:

> I had an enjoyable flight in a Europa today. The main drawback was that the
> fuel
smell was there - and became very strong and off putting when I was trying
sideslips. Tank was about half full. I do not think it can be due to fumes
permeating
through the tank wall. When I had a look up inside the the under - fuselage
panel, I could not see any evidence of fuel leakage. The tank did not look
wrinkled or warped. Could there be a vent leaking somewhere? Does an aluminium
tank have the same problem? What I really need is an idea of cost and time
to fix it.