Re: Europa-List: Short field landings VP prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Short field landings VP prop
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 17:43:02

William,

Yes, a VP prop has noticeable slowing effect when fully fine and idling.  If I
were dead stick with idling engine and looking to be short on the landing spot,
I'd run the pitch to coarse for a bit more float to try and make the spot.
In my case, I'd be able to feather the prop for even better glide performance.

In your case, you will have to do some testing on another (suitably longer)
field
to determine how to takeoff and land in your available 450 yards.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com