Re: Europa-List: Short field landings VP prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Short field landings VP prop
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 08:59:49

William, As long as the approaches are good (notresses or
high fences to clear) 450 yds should be generally fine,
although will need some thought if wind requires you to
land downhill. Once on the ground you need not much more
han 100 yds.There is a noticeable difference in the float
and ground run between fine & coarse prop settings.
 However  would certainly not recommend a strip that short
to learn on. Get thoroughly comfortable somewhere else
first. Happy landings, David Joyce, G-XSDJ