Europa-List: fuel smell

Subject: Europa-List: fuel smell
From: William Bliss <william@wbliss.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 23:18:22

I had an enjoyable flight in a Europa today. The main drawback was that
the fuel smell was there - and became very strong and off putting when I
was trying sideslips. Tank was about half full. I do not think it can be
due to fumes permeating through the tank wall. When I had a look up
inside the the under - fuselage panel, I could not see any evidence of
fuel leakage. The tank did not look wrinkled or warped. Could there be a
vent leaking somewhere? Does an aluminium tank have the same problem?
What I really need is an idea of cost and time to fix it.

I suspect this has been discussed before

William Bliss