Re: Europa-List: can one use 'glass' micro for filler??

Subject: Re: Europa-List: can one use 'glass' micro for filler??
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 06:31:49
I think the answer may be weight.

The glass version being heavier than the thermoplastic.

Alan
On 15 Sep 2011, at 23:27, Greg Fuchs wrote:

> Hello wonderful list,
>
> I just purchased 5 lbs of glass micro to be used for filling movable
wing surfaces. Having made some ding resistance and sanding tests with
differing resin amounts, and to prove it is sandable (at least half as
sandable, timewise, as superfil...depending on amount of resin added) ,
I see that the manual suggests to use thermoplastic spheres instead of
the glass ones. My favorite aircraft mail supply shop does not seem to
carry them. So I ask...what is wrong with using standard Aeropoxy and
glass micro?  I have no experience in filling surfaces so far,  so any
help is appreciated.