Europa-List: can one use 'glass' micro for filler??

Subject: Europa-List: can one use 'glass' micro for filler??
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:27:19

Hello wonderful list,

I just purchased 5 lbs of glass micro to be used for filling movable wing
surfaces. Having made some ding resistance and sanding tests with differing
resin amounts, and to prove it is sandable (at least half as sandable,
timewise, as superfil...depending on amount of resin added) , I see that the
manual suggests to use thermoplastic spheres instead of the glass ones. My
favorite aircraft mail supply shop does not seem to carry them. So I
ask...what is wrong with using standard Aeropoxy and glass micro?  I have no
experience in filling surfaces so far,  so any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Greg Fuchs