Re: Europa-List: Re: cowl cutting - bak edge

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: cowl cutting - bak edge
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 23:11:05
It is not uncommon to have 1/4 inch.  My Classic with the XS FWF had the
same problem and I added three layers of glass on the inside and flox to
fill level and one layer on the outside peel plied and let cure.  Fill
and sand.  I use poster board with release tape on it to make a form on
the outside, after laying the glass and use small clamps to hold the
paper exactly where I want it.  Sand and block to make the line
straight.  Remember, the two lines looked at most are around the canopy
and the cowl.
Bud