Re: Europa-List: Need help with removal of landing gear frame

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Need help with removal of landing gear frame
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:14:40
Luc,
I appreciate your desire to clean up the old girl, but I question why.
Some good old fasioned elbow work and cleaning will free up the rust.
Osphor is a brand name of a corrosion inhibitor which will turn the
small amount of rust to oxides that are stable, and a hand painting with
care with a good primer and paint will relieve you of the work.

If it must be done, Nev is right, not a huge deal, I've done it before,
just go slow and take your time.  Use a Dremel tool and assortment of
bits to reduce the volume of Redux down a bit so not as much heat is
needed.

Bud Yerly