Re: Europa-List: Re: Electronic Mind Needed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Electronic Mind Needed
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:29:39

On 04/08/2010 05:21 AM, JEFF ROBERTS wrote:

> battery today I went out and bought a new voltage meeter. I checked the
> battery 1st to be at 12.5 volts, I checked the 30 amp fuzes and they are
> good. Last week I did find a loose ground and fixed it but to no avail.
> Today I check the output of both alternator wires as they we're
> connected at the GG connections to the regulator and they we're reading
> - 6.5. when connected.

The wires from the alternator carry alternating current, so your voltage
meter has to be set to AC.
What is the battery voltage when the engine is running?
You can also disconnect the regulator from the battery, BUT KEEP THE
CAPACITOR CONNECTED TO THE REGULATOR! and run the engine (preferably
with all avionics switched off) and measure the voltage across the
capacitor.
Voltage for the standard Rotax regulator should be appr. 13.7 Volts.
Let me know how this works out so we have a starting point.

Frans