Re: Europa-List: turbo control motor switch

Subject: Re: Europa-List: turbo control motor switch
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:40:47
Ferg,
No it just takes keeping up with the manuals.  Not that you have a life
beyond building the Europa.  Check the new on line rotax site and get
the latest manual.

I prefer a momentary mini toggle switch without guard.  Don't use a
clunk on and off one as a momentary push stops the cycling of the servo
motor.  I use an led yellow and red with the switch next to it as my
standard.

Other changes are the fuel pump notes and very often missed is having a
secondary power source for the aux boost pump.  I have used a second
battery, off the alternator feed as recommended by rotax and off a
battery emergency bus.  Of course you can be the office of redundant
redundancy and what if what you want.

Keep your fuel filters clean and keep building.  Flying is more fun when
you know the plane is done right....

Bud