Re: Europa-List: The trials of fitting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: The trials of fitting
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:14:19
Fred,
VOM = Volt Ohm Meter.  It is the new in speak at my electronics shop
for the Digital Volt Ohm Meters that have Hi Amps DC/AC, ohms, volts and
accessories like temperature, etc.  Some people just like to show off.
It does not vibrate but has a beeper to test for shorted circuits.  Sexy
to those who spend too much time on technical stuff maybe.  Oh my, I
think I'm getting excited.

On the doors, go slow and take your time.  I put too much heat on one
set and the exterior face expanded to the point where it started to
deform inward on the rear outer section as it was expanding faster than
lower section.  I have used denatured alcohol to cool the door quickly
to get it to set, but letting it cool slowly with the forced deflection
allows it longer to take a set.

Bud