Re: Europa-List: The trials of fitting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: The trials of fitting
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:51:28

On Saturday, Mar 15, 2008, at 09:00 US/Pacific, ALAN YERLY wrote:

> Trials of fitting, in a word is craftsmanship.
> -
>  Sometimes I heat-a door-to shape, -put a strap around the door
> flexing it beyond where it needs to be and allow to cool and
> refit-until it flits flawlessly.- It takes time, like steaming a wood

> door.

Bud,

When in place within the fuselage rebates, both my doors "bulge" 3/32
of an inch when measured at the center of the bottom edge. The
possibility of heat-forming them for a "flawless" fit did not occur to
me.

Would you opine as to whether or not heating and reforming the doors in
my case is warranted, and, if so, what would be the recommended
technique and what temperatures should be optimum?

Thanks,

Fred

--
believed to be clean.