Re: Europa-List: RUDDER CABLES

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RUDDER CABLES
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:26:18
Craig,
I shroud all my cables from the front to just shy of the pulley and then
continue back to the ply supports for the luggage bay and again through
the rear bulkhead and out.  I use good quality 1/4 inch OD Nylaflow
Nylon Tubing for plenty of clearance and no binding.  You still should
de-conflict all tubing and wiring so there is no interference or
chaffing.  With the Nylaflow tubing I don't have to worry about wire or
hoses interfering accidentally with cables during maneuvering or
vibration I did not anticipate.  The Nylaflow gives you some leway to
adjust your cable routing.  Use an Adel clamp to secure the Nylaflow to
keep your clearances.  The same problem occurs when you mount the glider
wing handle in the cockpit.  the handle pivot seems to go right through
the cable line.

Bud Yerly
custom Flight Creations