RE: Europa-List: RUDDER CABLES

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RUDDER CABLES
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:00:26

Craig,

I did much the same. It is a perfect way to keep the cable safe and away fr
om other things like wiring.  I used p-clips.
Pardon my ignorence,  Jos, but what extreme situation would freeze up the r
udder cables ? Where does all that water
come from and how cold does it have to be to freeze ? I know it gets pretty
 cold in Finland, but not that cold.
And if there is so much water in the cold air, wouldn't you have crashed a
long time ago with ice on the wings ?
Additional pulleys are more mechanics, which can go wrong.
I can see my cable runs from inside the cockpit, and I have never noticed a
ny moisture in the nylaflow tube.

Karl

From: budyerly@msn.comTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: Re: Europa-List
: RUDDER CABLESDate: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:26:18 -0500

Craig,
I shroud all my cables from the front to just shy of the pulley and then co
ntinue back to the ply supports for the luggage bay and again through the r
ear bulkhead and out.  I use good quality 1/4 inch OD Nylaflow Nylon Tubing
 for plenty of clearance and no binding.  You still should de-conflict all
tubing and wiring so there is no interference or chaffing.  With the Nylafl
ow tubing I don't have to worry about wire or hoses interfering accidentall
y with cables during maneuvering or vibration I did not anticipate.  The Ny
laflow gives you some leway to adjust your cable routing.  Use an Adel clam
p to secure the Nylaflow to keep your clearances.  The same problem occurs
when you mount the glider wing handle in the cockpit.  the handle pivot see
ms to go right through the cable line.

Bud Yerly
custom Flight Creations