RE: Europa-List: Exhaust Stain Remover

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Exhaust Stain Remover
From: willie harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:50:02

Jeremy

It's a 912S. You're right that the liquid cooled engine should be more
robust with shock cooling than an air cooled engine. However, there's
still a minimum posted temperature limit and on a freezing January day
descending from 10,000 feet (Avgas, of course) the temps were falling
off the bottom of the scale with the engine at idle.

If I want to sideslip for any reason now, though generally I avoid it, I
do it yawed to port so that the exhaust gas (hopefully) is flushed away
by the wake and not aimed at the fuselage. Also, I have pinned the
exhaust stub so that it is not free to swivel back in case the clamp
comes loose.

Happy Landings!

Willie