Re: Europa-List: Fuel pressure switch

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel pressure switch
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:56:33

Brian, My fuel pressure switch came from OEM Automatic and cost something
like 16 They sell a large variety of different pressure range, different
diaphragm material and normally on or off switches, and different end thread
types. Service was very good, and they sent a catalogue promptly after a
phone request. I chose type 0166 with Viton diaphragm (impervious to
gasoline & hydraulic fluid) adjustable (by you) in pressure range.1 to 1.0
bar, normally closed, together with a protective cap to go over the
electrics. A mechanical life of 1,000,000 cycles is quoted which should last
your flying career! Set at 0.15 Bar mine has worked perfectly for 180 hrs
flying, switching on a bright LED in front of my nose if main tank is about
to run out, but giving you time to change over without drama. Contact
details:       OEM Automatic Ltd, Whiteacres,
                   Cambridge Road,Whetstone,
                   Leicester, LE8 6ZG
                  Tel 0116 2849900
                  Fax 0116 2841721