Europa-List: fuel pressure switch

Subject: Europa-List: fuel pressure switch
From: Klaus Dietrich <Klaus.Dietrich@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:20:59

Brian,

here are the details of the Bosch pressure switch I'm using:
Bosch 0 344 101 055 oil pressure switch (0,05-0,15 bar) price approx
25,-
I inserted the switch into a "distribution tee" machined out of an small
aluminium block (2x2x2cm) with 4 connectors and fitted between the 2
carbs.
1 is for fuel arrival from the mechanical pump, 2 + 3 goes to the two
carbs and 4 is for the sensor. You can have a 5th connector for the
return line but I have a separate tee just before the "distribution tee"
with the reducer for the fuel return (as per Europa mod).

The Bosch sensor I use is the one with the lowest sensibility available
(according to my knowledge) and works fine with the Rotax ; so when ever
the pressure drops below the value of 0,05 -0,15 bar, the contact closes
(any fuel starvation or vapour locks is immediately visible with an
"lead time" of 10-30 seconds before the "problem" gets to the Carbs ->
will give you some time to switch on the fuel pump or to swich tanks...)

I have wired the switch to a red LED on my panel.

Hope this helps.
Klaus

From: "Brian Hutchinson" <hutch@hangarbout.fsnet.co.uk>

<hutch@hangarbout.fsnet.co.uk>

Hi guys,

I'm trying to source a (low) fuel pressure switch for use with a 912s,
with nipple
connections suitable for the Europa's finest rubber fuel tube. I've
studied
the archives, and all leads so far have dried up. Does anyone know of a
uk supplier
of a suitable switch? I assume a switch that would operate at about 3
P.S.I. is about right.

Apologies to David Joyce, who did once give me a page out of a brochure,
I must
have filed it somewhere very safe!

Brian Hutchinson