lights

Subject: lights
From: Paul A Lowe <CONSTRUCTIONDESIGNSERVICES@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 12:56:57
Hi there,
A question following the recent discussion on strobes/lights, I have
brought two strobes to fix  to my plane, for ease of fitting wings and the
chance of damage I did not want to put them on the wing tips. My preferrred
position is one on the belly and one on top just rear of the doors. Due to
the low ceiling in my workshop and the high sitting position of the fin on
the tri gear a strobe on the fin would soon be knocked off, its that tight.
My question is has anyone fitted a  strobe in this position just aft of the
doors on top and do those with better knowledge than mine consider this
inappropriate so near the fuel vents. From a test with a foam replica the
strobe cannot be seen from the cockpit and is actually more out of sight
than on the the fin.
Expert opinions welcomed please, prior to possibly wasting the PFA time
with a mod.

Paul Lowe

 G-IOWE formally kit 388.