Hints and Tips

Subject: Hints and Tips
From: Keith Tallent <ktallent@ns1.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 11:13:37
Can anyone help me out on the following:

a) how do you keep your paint brushes from sheding their bristles on the
layups (my inspector tells me to just leave them in but they look unsightly)
and on my last flap layup one brush decided to disintegrate dumping a whole
pile of bristles on the layup. (PS the paintbrushes are the Europa supplied
cheapies !!)

b) how do you get rid if the fine strands of peel ply that end up embedded
in the resin after peeling it off (or do you just ignore it)

Nearly gave up last night when my flap layup went horribly wrong (peelply
came off, uni cloth got contaminated whilst trying to relay it at 30
degrees) I lost it shouting "It's ruined... all that money wasted...I'll
never build this plane..." then my wife stepped in all calm saying "don't be
stupid, lets start again..."
I cut some more cloth, relaid the peel ply and in the end the layups went
quite well apart from a) and b) above.

So let that be a lesson to all of you.... went the red mist descends and you
go into panic mode...call in the cavalry ....THE WIFE!

regards

Keith
G-SAMY
Kit No 221 (The one with the furry flaps!)