Re: Hints and Tips

Subject: Re: Hints and Tips
From: GERAINT L OWENS <lloyd.owens@lineone.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 20:45:54
>how do you get rid if the fine strands of peel ply that end up embedded
>in the resin after peeling it off (or do you just ignore it)<

Like you, Keith, I just can't live with irritants like this!   The answer is
as follows: Permagrit do a set of 6 tungsten carbide needle files.
Immediately after you have removed the peel ply, slide the fine, circular
needle file along the blue strands and they come out easily.   You'll find
this much easier and more effective if you remove the peel ply at the_first_
available opportunity (ie. without pulling tacky resin) rather than leaving
the lay-up for 24/36 hours until it is completely dry.   Lloyd Owens.